If you are looking for the best chimney company in India, you are at the right place. If you want to say goodbye to the smoke, vicious air, and grease auto clean chimneys are the best option out there.
Kitchen decor has a huge influence on our home aesthetic appeal as well ensuring a smart kitchen with cool gadgets is every homeowner’s dream.
- 1 Best chimney company in India – Top THREE
- 2 1. FABER: ABOUT THE BRAND
- 3 2. ELICA: ABOUT THE BRAND
- 4 3. GLEN: ABOUT THE BRAND
- 5 Comparison: Best Chimney Company in India
- 6 Best Chimney Company in India: Buying Guide
- 6.1 Factors to consider when choosing a chimney
- 6.2 Other Tips for Buying Kitchen chimney In India
- 6.3 Installation Cost Of Kitchen Chimney In India
- 6.4 Maintenance of kitchen chimneys
- 6.5 Ways To Increase the Lifespan of a kitchen chimney
- 7 Troubleshooting Common Issues in Kitchen Chimneys
- 8 Conclusion
Best chimney company in India – Top THREE
The above-listed brands shared a huge market share in kitchen chimneys. Based on our extensive research and comparative analysis they are the most popular kitchen chimney option in India.
They are the best investment one can ever make in terms of prevention of health conditions. We will also look at a comparative analysis of these three hand-picked options along with their structural and functional specifications in detail.
1. FABER: ABOUT THE BRAND
Faber is by far the most sought-after kitchen chimney in India and is renowned for being the top chimney manufacturer in the Indian market.
Our recommendation from Faber is;
Faber HOOD BLISS FL SC AC BK 60 Filterless Auto Clean Chimney
Faber HOOD BLISS is an angular, wall-mounted auto-clean kitchen chimney in black finishing. The Faber brand is known as one of the best kitchen chimney companies in the world. Faber Hood Bliss has an Italian design and black finishings to it elevating the overall kitchen aesthetics. With a powerful suction capacity of 1350 m3/hr, it sets a benchmark among the other kitchen chimneys. Features such as smart gesture control and a stainless steel oil collector make it a perfect match for people looking for a hassle-free kitchen chimney.
- Having a slant design it is suitable for 2 to 4 burner stoves.
- The best part is that the suction capacity of this Faber HOOD BLISS auto-clean chimney is quite powerful, ranging from 1350 cubic meters per hour.
The Faber HOOD BLISS kitchen chimney comes with an easy and quick Installation with quality servicing. The installation process does not take more than 3-4 days. The angular design of this kitchen chimney adds to the charm of your kitchen.
Apart from some above mediocre noise levels, it doesn’t seem to have any cons at all.
2. ELICA: ABOUT THE BRAND
Elica is a kitchen appliance brand known for its ergonomically designed aesthetic kitchen chimneys. They are engaged in a variety of kitchen hoods, built-in hobs in glass, built-in microwaves, and others. Their products are intended to save energy and money.
Elica NERO Filterless Auto Clean Chimney
Incurring a warranty of 15 years Elica filterless auto-clean kitchen chimney is a black-bodied kitchen chimney with touch control functionality and a wall mounting feature. It is a filterless chimney with a suction capacity of 1200 m3/hr.
- The suction provided in the Elica Nero kitchen chimney is filterless. The filterless technology has hoods bolted at the end to secure the motor from oil and smoke deposits.
- It comes with a three-speed variant which you can control through motion or touch panel.
- It has a unique Christmas finish making it stand out among others.
- It is installed with an easy-to-clean oil collector where all the grease gets stored.
The motion control feature of the Elica Nero allows a smooth speed transition of the fan with only a wave of hands. Also, this kitchen chimney offers a lifetime warranty on its motors allowing no fear of costly motor replacement.
The black matte finish body looks aesthetic and elegant as a smart kitchen appliance.
The Elica Nero kitchen chimney comes up with a no-returns-only replacement policy. And also one has to pay for the pipe in the packaging.
3. GLEN: ABOUT THE BRAND
Glen Senza Kitchen Chimney is a revolutionizing international product manufactured in state of art manufacturing plants in India. Rightfully as the manufacturers claim it is an interesting amalgamation of aesthetics, performance, and design factors.
Our recommendation from GLEN is;
GLEN Senza Black Auto-Clean Chimney
This 60 cm kitchen chimney is ideal to be used for a small to medium-sized kitchen with a 2-3 burner stove. It operates all fine even if you are indulged in heavy cooking with a surprisingly low annual energy consumption of 146 kilowatt hours per year.
- The motion sensor control feature is one of the highlighted features of this Glenn Senza kitchen chimney.
- The speed of this Glen Senza kitchen chimney could be changed by three levels.
- The product dimensions are 47D×60 W×43H centimetres.
- This chimney is installed with an external oil collector tray.
It presents choking-free filters and allows convenient auto-cleaning. This Glen Senza kitchen chimney comes with LED lighting to illuminate your kitchen experience and 150 watt-powerful motors ensure efficient residual removal.
Like any of the above two brands Glen Senza also has its fair share of negatives such as it does not have the option to avoid a free installation. However, the installation won’t cause prices above ₹500 to ₹600. The kitchen chimney has a white anchor plug quite in contrast with its Black finishing body looking odd overall. Moreover, the Glen Senza kitchen chimney doesn’t come equipped with a bldc motor instead it has a simple motor.
Comparison: Best Chimney Company in India
|KITCHEN CHIMNEY||PRICE||MATERIAL||SUCTION CAPACITY||COLOUR||WARRANTY|
|GLEN Senza Black Auto-Clean curved glass Kitchen Chimney||Click Here to Check Price||Stainless Steel, Glass||1050 m3/hr||Black||1 year on product 5 years on motor.|
|Elica NERO Filterless Auto Clean Chimney, Touch + Motion Sensor Control||Click Here to Check Price||Alloy Steel||1200 m3/hr||Black||15 years|
|Faber HOOD BLISS FL SC AC BK 60 Filterless Auto Clean Kitchen Chimney||Click Here to Check Price||Glass||1350 m3/hr||Black||2 years of warranty + 12 years of warranty on the Motor|
Best Chimney Company in India: Buying Guide
Types of Kitchen Chimneys:
The type of kitchen chimney to choose depends on the kitchen structure, the location of the cooking platform, and personal preferences.
This type of chimney is mounted on the wall above the cooktop and is the most common type of chimney
This type of chimney is integrated inside the kitchen wood furniture and works against the wall.
This type of chimney is installed on the ceiling above the cooking counter placed at the centre of an island setup.
This type of chimney is fitted in the corner of the kitchen where the cooking top, hob, is located at the corner against the wall.
This type of chimney has a box-like shape and is suitable for small kitchens.
This type of chimney is made of stainless steel and is available in a straight-line model.
This type of chimney has an angular shape and is suitable for modern kitchens.
Curved glass chimney:
This type of chimney has a curved glass shape and is suitable for modern kitchens.
This type of chimney has a pyramid shape and is suitable for modern kitchens.
Baffle filter chimney:
This type of chimney uses baffle filters, which are considered better than metal grease filters.
Factors to consider when choosing a chimney
When choosing a chimney for a kitchen, there are several factors to consider, according to the search results:
- Size: The size of the chimney should be slightly bigger than the size of the stove so that it can effectively absorb the smoke.
- Mounting style: The type of mounted chimney you choose depends on your kitchen layout and the available space.
- Air suction capacity: The suction power of the chimney is an important factor to consider, especially if you cook a lot of deep-fried foods.
- Type of filter: The type of filter used in the chimney affects its suction capability and maintenance requirements.
- Additional features: Some chimneys come with additional features such as an auto-clean function, motion sensor control, and touch panel.
- Maintenance and after-sales service: It is important to consider the maintenance and after-sales service provided by the manufacturer.
Other Tips for Buying Kitchen chimney In India
Here are some tips to consider when buying a kitchen chimney based on the search results:
It is ideal to buy an electric chimney whose suction power lies in the range of 450-950 cubic meters per hour, based on your kitchen’s size.
Choose a kitchen chimney that is easy to clean and maintain. Auto-clean chimneys are easy to clean and more durable as they are good oil collectors.
Features and parameters
Look for features such as suction power, filter type, noise level, and auto-clean function when selecting a kitchen chimney. These parameters can help you choose the best chimney for your needs.
Brand and warranty
Choose a reputable brand with good customer reviews and a warranty period that covers repairs and replacement.
Size and design
Choose a chimney that fits your kitchen size and design. Consider the height of your kitchen ceiling, the size of your stove, and the overall design of your kitchen when selecting a chimney.
Set a budget for your chimney purchase and look for options that fit within your budget. You can find a range of options at different price points.
Installation Cost Of Kitchen Chimney In India
The factors that affect the installation cost of kitchen chimneys in India include the type of chimney, size, and ducting system. The installation cost may also vary depending on the service provider and the location. The standard installation cost of installing a kitchen chimney in India is ₹600, and the cost of a ducting kit is ₹1200.
However, some chimney models come with a ducting kit included, which means the cost of the kit is zero. Moreover, the price of a kitchen chimney in India can range from ₹4,000 to ₹10,000 or more, depending on the brand, capacity, and quality.
The installation cost may also depend on whether the chimney is ductless or not. Ductless chimneys are cost-effective and easy to install, which can reduce the installation cost.
Maintenance of kitchen chimneys
The maintenance requirements vary for different types of kitchen chimneys. Here are some of them listed below;
Regular cleaning is essential for maintaining the efficiency of the kitchen chimney. The frequency of cleaning will depend on the usage of the chimney, and it is recommended to clean the chimney/hood at least once a month for heavy usage.
- Filter replacement:
The maintenance of the kitchen chimney depends on the type of filters used. Charcoal filters need to be replaced once every six months, while metal filters can be cleaned and reused.
- Professional inspection:
It is recommended to get the kitchen chimney inspected by a professional at least once a year to check for any issues with the chimney.
- Annual cleaning:
Any chimney venting a wood-burning appliance should be cleaned annually, or every 60 fires, by a qualified chimney sweep to prevent creosote buildup.
Ways To Increase the Lifespan of a kitchen chimney
Here are some ways to increase the lifespan of a kitchen Chimney;
- REGULAR MAINTENANCE: Regular maintenance is essential to keep the chimney in good condition. It is recommended to have the chimney inspected and cleaned by a professional at least once a year.
- REPLACE YOUR CHIMNEY LINER: The chimney liner is an essential component of the chimney that protects the chimney walls from heat and corrosion. Over time, the liner can become damaged or deteriorate, which can reduce the lifespan of the chimney. It is recommended to replace the liner every 15-20 years.
- WATERPROOFING: Water damage can cause significant damage to the chimney. Waterproofing the chimney can help prevent water damage and extend the lifespan of the chimney.
- INSTALL A CHIMNEY CAP: A chimney cap is a device that is installed on top of the chimney to prevent debris, animals, and water from entering the chimney. Installing a chimney cap can help prevent damage to the chimney and extend its lifespan.
- USE EFFICIENT KITCHEN HOOD FILTERS: Using efficient kitchen hood filters can help capture more grease particles before they travel through the ventilation system to the exhaust fan. This can help prevent damage to the chimney and extend its lifespan.
- INSTALL THE CHIMNEY AT LOW HEIGHT: Installing the chimney at a low height (four feet) can make cleaning easier and reduce the chances of damage to the chimney.
- BURN ONLY FIREWOOD IN THE CHIMNEY: Burning other materials in the chimney, such as paper or cardboard, can cause damage to the chimney and reduce its lifespan. It is recommended to burn only firewood in the chimney.
- KEEP THE AREA AROUND THE CHIMNEY CLEAN: Keeping the area around the chimney clean can help prevent debris from entering the chimney and causing damage. It is recommended to keep the area around the chimney free of leaves, branches, and other debris.
Troubleshooting Common Issues in Kitchen Chimneys
Common issues such as arise in a kitchen chimney include grease buildup, excessive noise, suction not working, fan rotating slowly, and the electric chimney not running can arise in a kitchen chimney. Here are some troubleshooting tips for these issues:
|Grease buildup||The most common problem with kitchen chimneys is the accumulation of grease, oil, and other residues. This buildup can clog the filters and affect the suction power of the chimney. Regular cleaning is essential to prevent this issue|
|Excessive noise||Higher suction power means more noise, but excessive noise can also be caused by a malfunctioning chimney due to a lack of cleaning. Cleaning the chimney can help resolve this issue.|
|The electric chimney not running||This issue can be caused by a power supply problem or a damaged power cable. Checking the power supply and cable can help resolve this issue.|
|Suction not working||A dirty filter, blocked duct, or faulty motor can cause this issue. Checking the filter and cleaning it with soap and water can help resolve this issue.|
|Fan rotating slowly||A dirty filter or a faulty motor can cause this issue. Cleaning the filter or replacing the motor can help resolve this issue.|
It is important to follow the manufacturer’s instructions for troubleshooting and maintenance to ensure the longevity and efficiency of the kitchen chimney.
At last, we can conclude that there are many other brands and models available in the market, and the best chimney company for an individual may vary depending on their specific needs and preferences. Our recommendation among the three kitchen chimney companies mentioned above would be Faber HOOD BLISS kitchen chimney with the best after-sales services and price.